Tuesday, November 10, 2009



Keep it simple and stupid!

I hate cmd lines, but sometimes looked cool when other guys next to your sofa pay attention to your screen, and he would spontaniously shout... "sorry, but how could you do that"? off course I would say, I don't do windows (hehe padahal dual boot).

Apparently I had no passion to wait for GUI downloader especially for youtube files, it just making me more nervous when streaming becoming so flickering on my screen, especially in the public are. So, my tip to download youtube files silently downloaded while you are working with your another GUI applications, I suggest you to utilize what so call "youtube-dl" small appication under your synaptic packages.

Here is some steps to do:
1. Open your synaptic package software and search for youtube-dl, and install them.
2. Copy your desire youtube url (highlight the link and copy it by using ctrl+c)
3. Open you terminal
4. Type "yourtube-dl" space hold shift+ctrl+V (do not type ")
5. Enter --voila... the files will be downloaded to your folder "/home/yourname"

Trust me it gives you more productivity coz a lot of shortcut, what else you wanna do? off course you can't do that on windows

KISS - Keep is simple and stupid.

lotta loves from,

2 komentar:

darmanex said...

very simple,but powerfull...hehee..
nice post gan.. :D

didin.jamaludin said...

hi darman, thats why I am into linux, small but powerful like my MIO

Post a Comment

hey...thanks for your post, i really appreciate it.

join me on

translate this page

Blog Archive

Subscribe to Feed


who viewed me

visit Jogja

Visit Yogyakarta / Jogja