Sunday, September 02, 2007

[Kulon Progo] 01.09.07

t's has been on-and-off the planning since my relocation to Jogja exploring West Progo (red. Kulon Progo). Thomas my friend keep asking me when am I going to visit his "kampong" and he seemed to be tired keep asking me when. So, I "execute" my plan on 1st September, 2007, this weekend and here the journey I'll share with you.

Fiday, 31st August 2007, 20:00 Hrs



I picked up Thomas in Gamping, that's the most convenience meeting point for us after having a very long day in the office, riding my "white angel" (this name will be told later) who had been loyal taking me to the most exotic places. I didn't expect the road will be so hilly and winding and also gave me a spooky feeling, dark and dark and dark….:)


20 minutes after the journey, just before reaching the border which divided by Progo River, we stop by at the famous "un-named" warung tongseng , my friend Thomas told me that day time we need to queue-up for the seat, I don't know why but maybe they have very powerful "dukun" to influence their costumers keep coming back.


The girls (waitress + cook) are quite pretty tough! I would say you can tell that they are looked "sinetron actress", I did not tell you bullshit! You better check by your-own-head going there. With all girls wore green T-shirt they look so attractive to the costumers, but don't ask me the name of the warong it's dark and it's un-named but you I can tell that this warung have many-many calendars hanging in its wall I counted more than 20 calendars given by all companies or organizations. And I think the owner has a mutual business relation with those vendors or just being used by the vendors as direct-promotion board. And my instinct goes to no.2 (hehehe)


Do you know how would I comment about the food? You better don't ask because "my-inner-satan-bitchy-comment" just wanted to throw it to the girls face, you know what I mean…L sorry-no-mean-to-be-rude!


So, we quickly pay the bill and continue our night journey. The ¼ shape moon following us from behind, it's mean we are heading west, I start to disoriented the kompas, I just follow what Thomas instructed me, Left-Right-Straight (read. Gay), Bridge, Kampong, Jungles, Rice-Field, Sugar-Cane-Plantation, till we reach the very-wide-open-space circling by hills, the moon is now exactly seen the same level with my forehead and Thomas suddenly asked to stop!


Holly Shitttt….what is it???

nd he asked me to turn the engine off…..


We paused for silence….


Oh My Ipod…..


I saw small flaming dots maybe about 10-15 moving slowly on the sloop of hills, suddenly I have my "strange-feeling" and Thomas told me that they were "highlanders" coming down from Suroloyo (topping of the Menoreh) and I just kept my mouth shut and not more than 2 minutes I put the engine ON and going with max speed!



Reaching Thomas's House exactly 2100 Hrs – minu 20 minutes break on the way, so totally 40 minutes away from Jogja. I found the kampong was so tranquil. A kampong dog named chiko barking me all the time with 2 cats, welcome us on the doorway.


Note: the image "api di bukin menorah taken from site http://www.lib.monash.edu.au/exhibitions/asia/virtual/photos/photo3.html


0 komentar:

Post a Comment

hey...thanks for your post, i really appreciate it.

join me on

translate this page

Blog Archive

Subscribe to Feed


who viewed me

visit Jogja

Visit Yogyakarta / Jogja